Full-Stack Developer (Backend Focus)
About the role
Noah’s vision is to become the first Starter Kit focused brand, empowering customers to start something new and help them navigate the first steps of their new endeavours. We are equipping our customers with curated Starter Kits and building their confidence beyond the box, through easily accessible content and support for their journey, no matter how big or small.
We’ve seen tremendous growth over the past two years and have recently raised a 7-figure seed-round. Now, we’re searching for ambitious, creative and driven people who are excited about the opportunity to build a best-in-class team with a strong culture from the ground up as we scale noah to an international household name.
What's next for Noah?
Following our growing success over the past two years, and aided by our recent investment, we are looking to rapidly scale up the business by:
- Building new teams of experts across all functions
- Cementing our position in existing market segments
- Expanding our Supply-Chain across the globe
- Developing a variety of new Starter Kits
- Broadening our operations beyond the UK
- Creating an online community with accessible and engaging content
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Full-Stack/Backend/Frontend Developer to join our fast-growing team as we begin to rapidly scale up our business. We want every customer to feel a sense of delight as they browse our website, through to (and after) their purchase. Your role is to work with our Product Management and Development team to deliver a second to none UX through incredibly looking frontend and a well-thought-through and automated backend.
This is a vital role and will have a significant impact on shaping the future of Noah.
Key Projects (6-12 Months)
- "Build our 'Beyond the Box' App - our post-purchase customer experience
- Work closely with our Product Management team to build out our Data Pipeline (e.g. with Segment.com)
- Be involved in building the 1st version of our Data Warehouse
- Build a variety of (Shopify) Apps to support our growth
- Support our Team in Launching noah across Europe & the US
- Build a second to none modern eCommerce infrastructure with the most up-to-date tools and techniques
Key Responsibilities (Day to Day)
- Collaborate with designers and product management to develop outstanding products
- Regularly Update our (future) iOS and Android App
- Develop technical strategies for multiple, concurrent projects based on the Shopify platform
- Build complex A/B tests
- Enhance the shopping experience on our website
- Constantly improve our data pipeline
- Work autonomously & choose your own tools to build best-in-class software
What we are looking for:
- - min. 5 years of mobile and web development experience (min. 2 Year experience working with Shopify theme and app development)
- 3+ years of experience building mobile apps
- Familiar with app store deployment and review process
- Experience of Android/iOS development (ReactNative, Swift, Kotlin, Java - up to you!)
- Knowledge of AWS stack
- Strong ReactJS, Redux & Node.JS skills
- Strong Ruby & Liquid skills
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Strong HTML/HTML5 & CSS/CSS3 skills
- Strong understanding of Data Structures Concepts
Nice to Have:
- Shopify Plus Experience
- Knowledge of GraphQL
Join us if...
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about seeing them through
- you have a positive attitude and work well under pressure
- you're comfortable working independently to draw conclusions and take action, having demonstrated a strong level of comfort in driving projects forward
- you know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
- what we’re doing here at noah excites you!
At noah, we believe in building an environment for all team members to flourish in. This means having good work-life balance policies in place to help create room for everyone to use their time as effectively as possible while still hitting big goals together as a business. We don't believe in just 'doing and 'rushing' anything without a thorough plan in place; we prefer to rely on strategic thinking and intelligent project tools to help us to achieve great things collaboratively. Yes, there will be deadlines to meet that may require some longer days but these will always be a team effort and, most importantly, aren't the norm.
- Work remotely: Distance makes the heart grow fonder, so we encourage a sporadic change of scenery whenever you need some time out of the office
- Generous holidays: 28 Days + Bank holidays + Christmas break + Birthday (Everyone is strongly encouraged to take at least five days off each quarter)
- Location: Office in a lively Co-Working Space close to Highbury-Islington Station (Victoria Line + Overground). We plan to move to our own amazing office in North-East London within the next 3 months
- Share our success: We know our future growth is only possible if we all work together as a team, so every full-time team member has share options.
- Our team: We’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together and we learn from each other.
- Employee Perks: We’re young and still working out how we reward our employees beyond the standard offerings. As part of our founding team you will be directly involved in helping us shape this offering. E.g. Training budget, getaways (bi-annualy), well-being budget, noah credits, regular team events, home office budget
Salary Range: We are flexible based on experience and as this is a vital role in shaping the future of noah, we offer comprehensive share options for our founding team.
If you have always wanted to join a young and rapidly growing startup as a founding member with significant impact, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! Please send us your CV (PDF) and a short cover letter, including your idea for our next Starter Kit.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is fundamental to our success. We want to hear from you regardless of your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.