About the company
Welcome! We’re a machine learning company with a mission to open source the law.
Genie AI uses technology to make legal services accessible to all companies. We’ve built Genie Docs, an AI and NLP driven platform that enables the creation of legal documents using the collective intelligence of thousands of past clauses. Changing the business of law from billable hours to self-serve documents, we save our users hours of time and thousands of pounds in fees.
Check out our TechCrunch article from last year! We’re already garnering plaudits, and have been listed by Forbes as one of the top 29 UK AI startups.
Genie AI is backed by world leading experts such as Lord Neuberger (former President of the Supreme Court), Adam Ziegler (the Head of Harvard Law School's Library Innovation Lab), Charlie Songhurst (former Head of Strategy at Microsoft), Khosla Ventures (founded by Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, the inventors of Java) and other investors with serious pedigree. We're poised for rapid expansion, and we want you to be our next Genie. Come and shake up the £100bn global industry with us!
About our stack
REST & Queue based microservices architecture, GraphQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Angular 2+ (more specifically Angular 11), NodeJS, MongoDB, Python, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Tensorflow/PyTorch, ProseMirror.
About the role
- You will write clear, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability
- You will use typescript but be familiar with JS fundamentals
- You will use tools such as webpack, babel, node-sass and postcss
- You will collaborate with other engineers to apply OOP principles and techniques
- You will proactively handle the design, development, code review, and unit testing of SuperDrafter alongside our technical team
- You will have the freedom to own what you do because at Genie AI every employee is a founder
- You will share knowledge and grow because at Genie AI we believe that everyone has something to learn from each other
- You have 4 years+ experience in a production environment - we're considering applications from mid to senior level.
- You're passionate about tech, and interested in applying machine learning to law.
- You aim to be the best in your field and when you code you don’t compromise on quality.
- You’ve worked with Angular, React, Vue or another front-end framework and are happy to commit to using Angular 2+ (more specifically Angular 9).
- You’ve got experience with HTML/CSS, including concepts like CSS grid, BEM strategy, cross browser compatibility, good practices of CSS4 and you are able to design complex user interfaces.
- You already know or are excited to learn GraphQL.
- You’re keen to work independently, as well as collaborate with a small, diverse team, within an agile and scrum environment.
About the Team
Genie AI was created at Entrepreneur First in November 2017. We're now a team of 14 incredibly talented and fun Genies from 7 countries split across Business and Technology. We’re currently working as a fully remote community, and will be working from the office 2 days a week after lockdown. Our office is based in Shoreditch, London, with lots of great places to eat and drink nearby.
What do Genies get?
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up working environment, including a top of the range laptop
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Generous hare options - we want everyone to share in our success!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions
- Optional payroll/pre-tax charity giving
- Unlimited budget for business, law or technology books
- Regular team lunches and dinners after lockdown (and plenty of social activity in the meantime!)
- The opportunity to join a bright, fast growing startup at grassroots level and genuinely make a difference.
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we're committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background or race.