Junior Backend Developer
Junior Back End Developer – JD
Futr. is a VC backed AI start-up with the mission of making life easier for everyone through chat.
Founded in 2017, Futr.’s conversation-as-a-service platform powers the police, central and local government, enterprises and many SMEs.
We are a group of tech optimists with a passion for deploying disruptive technology, to delver radical innovation that produces lasting, institutional change.
Are you a bright, ambitious technologist looking for an opportunity to use your technical skills as a catalyst for positive change and kick-start your career in a "Tech for Good" company? If so, please read more below!
You will be joining a team focused on building next generation AI capabilities. You will be a key team member in driving the build out a conversational AI platform that enables our clients to engage and support their staff, customers and citizens.
The current platform uses a mixture of vendor and in-house technologies including conversational user interfaces, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning engines, and integration frameworks for interfacing with other in-house systems.
You’ll be instrumental in solving technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs.
Through your quest to embrace leading-edge technologies and methodologies, you will see your ideas come to life, as part of a small, success-driven team.
- Server-side experience with Node.js/TypeScript is advantageous but not essential – demonstrated ability to learn new technologies is more important.
- You have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like OOP, API design and good database structure
- You’re a proactive team player who excels when working collaboratively
- You’re naturally analytical and a keen problem solver, keen to learn and develop your technical craft
- You’re educated to degree level (Computer Science preferred)
- Any Azure and/or AWS is highly advantageous.
- Any DevOps and CI/CD experience is highly advantageous.
- Exposure to Client side frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular would be a plus but is not essential.
Our Culture & Benefits
We have a relaxed, creative and family-like environment here at Futr. We don’t believe in hierarchy and understand that giving our team the freedom to innovate is key to the success of the business. We work hard – but we are solving problems that matter.
- Freedom to express and implement your ideas. We won’t limit you with red tape or hierarchy
- The opportunity to grow with the company and eventually lead a team.
- Spec your own computer equipment.
- A supportive environment working directly with the founders
- Company Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Well stocked fridge and regular social events (when we’re back in the office of course)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Futr. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.