Frontend Software Engineer
We are on a mission to build a totally new kind of digital banking app - one that generates positive social and environmental impact from everyday actions like buying groceries or paying for transport. We're building banking for the modern conscious consumer, who wants and expects more than just money management from their banking app. Our aim is to be an invaluable part of someone's sustainability journey - as an all-encompassing solution that goes beyond banking, carbon-tracking or choosing sustainable and ethical alternatives for daily purchases.
With a waitlist of over 18,000 people and counting, we are growing rapidly and are backed by some of the top angel and institutional investors in the UK and abroad.
About the role:
Novus is looking for an extraordinary Frontend Software Engineer to lead the development of our react native application and integrate it with our own Novus REST APIs.
You will work directly with our Product Owners, Architects and Business Stakeholders to improve the efficiency of the existing code whilst exploring, prototyping and implementing new customer oriented solutions to keep our application on the very front when it comes to usability and user experience.
- Developing the Novus App - following the UI/UX guidance documented in Figma and Overflow.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on new feature suggestions from a technical feasibility perspective.
- Interacting with the Backend Team to determine best practices for how to connect both sides.
You love getting things over the line and have an undying entrepreneurial spirit. You are passionate to make the world a better place, one step at a time. You are solution-oriented, structured and enjoy working in small teams.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in a fast-paced organisation.
- Demonstrable experience with React Native and understanding of the ecosystem (ie Redux, ES6, CodePush, React Native Encrypted Storage, AppState)
- Good working knowledge of Expo, React. Query, GraphQL, Styleguideist
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Experience in React.JS.
- Hands-on experience with the whole app lifecycle from development to deployment.
- Knowledge of various tools such as crash reporting, OTA updates, analytics.
- Be able to display a strong understanding of the conventions, possibilities, and performance challenges specific to the mobile platform.
- Being able to collaborate with the UX, DevOps, and Product team.
- Flexible working hours and fully remote working
- Stock options
- Bonus scheme
- The opportunity to work on a full stack project in a goal-oriented environment, without Legacy code
- Additional time off to allow you to support any social or environmental causes you feel passionate about
- Modern tech stack, Idea Meritocracy, Sustainability Mission & Purpose driven
- Above all, benefit from the motivation that comes with doing something truly meaningful and impactful
- Interview with the hiring team.
- Tech Task & Catch up.
- Founders Round.