Hello, we’re VerifyEd - we’re building a simple way for Universities, online course providers, and professional bodies to issue tamper-proof digital credentials, backed by Blockchain.
We’ve recently secured a pre-seed investment round and have some ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond, and we’re looking for a talented Backend Developer to help us with our mission.
What will I be doing on a daily basis?
We’re a small team of 6, so you’ll be working closely with front-end, sales, marketing, design, and our founders, and will be exposed to all areas of the business.
As our only Backend developer (right now), you’ll be:
- Setting the backend technical strategy
- Designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs for both customers and internal users
- Collaborating closely with the rest of the team to understand our customers’ main pain points
- Working closely with our front-end developer to build new features, improve engineering standards and implement best practices
What’s your tech stack?
For the backend, we mainly use:
- Amazon Web Services
- A few nifty APIs for automating as many things as possible
We use a library for communication with a blockchain ledger to ensure our credentials are tamper-proof.
On the front-end, we use Angular to create an app-like experience in the browser. We - therefore - use TypeScript, SCSS and HTML too, along with Jasmine/Karma to test behaviour and logic. Our marketing website is powered by Webflow.
We build via GitHub and a CI/CD pipeline that pushes to AWS predominantly (some functionality is currently hosted with Heroku).
For this role we’re looking for someone that has:
- mid-level experience, ideally 5+ years experience using our specific tech stack
- worked at a start-up before that’s scaled, and understands what’s involved with that
- good written and verbal communication skills, and is able to communicate with technical and non-technical people well
- experience working remotely
- a growth mindset, is proactive, self-managing, and is open to learning new things
- no ego :) - we like to work with nice people
It would be great (but not essential) if you have experience:
- developing an Angular front-end, or are willing to upskill
- with security in web applications
- with Blockchain-based products
- in EdTech or within education
- using Amazon Web Services
- We all work remote so you can work from anywhere, but ask that you work during the UK daytime
- We offer 30 days annual leave, on top of the usual UK public holidays
- £1500 to set up your home office
- £500 for you to spend on learning and development
- Employer contributed pension
- At least 2 company-wide meetups per year in different locations when possible
- Regular informal team breakfasts and beers for those who live near each other (once we’re allowed!)
VerifyEd uses blockchain to issue digital certificates across education. From degrees and CPD to short courses and practical skills, VerifyEd is revolutionising the way credentials are issued, stacked, and shared.