Senior Front End Software Engineer - Poker
Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
What we do
The Gamesys Poker Network is an online poker game unlike any other -- Fun, Fair, and Friendly. We focus on casual and recreational players, emphasising ease-of-use and a pleasant playing experience. Most of our games feature quick game-play to provide light entertainment, rather than an intensely serious test of skill.
Our flagship game is Wild Seat® Poker, a 4-player on-demand game with possible jackpot prizes of up to 10,000 times the buy-in. Unlike the more common jackpot SnG, Wild Seat games feature a different hidden prize for each player, which are only revealed as the game progresses -- when a player is eliminated, or when the game has been won.
Among our unique site features is Community Chat, where all active players on the Network can participate in civil and interesting conversations, facilitated by professional Chat Hosts.
As part of our mission to craft outstanding experiences for our players, we constantly challenge assumptions, never copy, think creatively, and derive better solutions.
Who we are looking for
Among your many attributes, you will be aproactive programmer, possessing a strong desire to learn new technologies and enjoy working in a team. You will work in a test-driven-development environment where the focus is on writing good quality code and have a passion for delivery.
We are engineers rather than simply developers, as we are involved in the entire software lifecycle: designing, building, shipping, running, automating, testing and measuring.
- Taking ownership of the Software Delivery Lifecycle from inception to production.
- Innovating and advocating the use of latest technologies and technical trends.
- Delivering high-quality, automatically tested software within a Continuous Integration/Delivery framework.
- Ensuring impediments are escalated and long-term solutions are pursued.
- Working in a team using the Agile Scrum methodology and collaborating with other key stakeholders, such as Product Owners and Technical Architects.
- Owning the testing and release if the work you produce
- Experience using CSS pre-processors and bundling tools such as webpack
- Node and npm
- Experience using Git
- Ability to pair program and work with limited supervision
- Agile testing – writing test plans first, and testing your code throughout development
- Can deliver results within set deadlines
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the latest developments in the industry
- Good communication skills – someone who can clearly and succinctly describe their ideas to developers, architects and management
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working on multi-player real-time applications with an open socket connection e.g. WebSockets
- Creating HTML5 games using PixiJS/WebGL
- Experience with E2E testing frameworks e.g. WebdriverIO
- Static analysis tools with SonarQube
- Linux command shell
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery tools (GoCD, ArgoCD, etc).
- Analysing performance
- Experience in the Gambling Industry.
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.