Full Stack Engineer
What is Bricklane?
Bricklane uses advanced technology - using a revolutionary data engine - to unlock investment opportunities in residential property.
Residential property is the UK's largest asset class and we've devoted our mission to building high quality property portfolios for our partners at massive scale and within efficient timeframes.
After recently securing a partnership worth £600 million, we are now very well placed to scale up our engineering team, with full training opportunities available for any candidates not familiar with parts of our stack.
At Bricklane, we use the following technologies every day (but we are flexible on skillset):
- Python for building complicated financial calculations, data processing, and scalable web stacks.
- React and Typescript for richer UIs.
- Database of choice is Postgres (with PostGIS for geocoded data support).
- Our infrastructure is deployed entirely on AWS.
- We use Docker from our development environments all the way to production.
- We automate any process we have to do more than once - shipping code as often as needed using Jenkins and Cloudformation.
- For processing larger datasets, we make full use of AWS data services (such as AWS Athena).
- We love well-tested, maintainable code and use typical tools to help to support this – Python unittest, jest, tslint, flake8, Cypress.io.
What might this role at Bricklane involve?
- Implementing machine learning models;
- Building sophisticated map-based user interfaces; or
- Using our unique internal datasets to process automated investment decisions thousands of times a day.
We operate a quick 2-step process:
1) A short take-home exercise followed by a chat with the team about your approach to problem solving and code design.
2) A pair programming exercise with a member of the team.