Data Scientist (Services)
Primer.ai|San Francisco, CA
9 days ago
The Services team is a jack-of-all-trades organization that serves as a key interface between individual clients and the broader Primer organization. Our charter is: (1) work closely with clients to discover the best use of Primer’s NLP/NLG algorithms for their needs; (2) prototype new algorithms, data pipelines, and visualizations; and (3) channel client feedback and algorithmic learnings back to Primer to drive future product development.
- Support the ideation and implementation of solutions and feature sets for the customers, partner with Primer’s product and engineering organizations to create and deliver.
- Act as a full-stack everything: data scientist, engineer, and customer liaison for Primer.
- Partner with product and engineers at Primer to identify and prioritize new features and algorithms based on customer engagement and feedback.
- Build ways to analyze and understand customer engagement and product performance through modeling and data visualization.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, or quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience in the areas of developing and deploying machine learning and NLP-based solutions.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and NLP tools and libraries including Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, Torch, Tensorflow, Keras
- Proven experience working with a variety of data sets, framing customer problems and use cases, and building data science models.
- Understanding of NLP topics: event and topic detection, relation, and extraction; pattern detection; entity recognition; and clustering and classification models.
- Ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective, establish conceptual connections between requirements and solutions.
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, and APIs.
- Excellent communication skills – you will be the face of Primer to customers’ organizations.
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government.