Squad Lead Mobile / React native (m/f/d) - Berlin
We’re a mighty team of more than 300 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at seven offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. Our customers are as large as KFC, BP and DHL (and others whose names are not entirely made of capital letters!) and as small as your local independent coffee shop or record store.
Some customers work directly with us, and many more engage with our platform via Reseller Partners around the world. More than one million business locations trust the Uberall platform to manage the connections with their customers and prospects on the search engines, platforms and directories that matter.
Learn more at www.uberall.com.
About the role:
As our Squad Lead - Mobile/React native (m/f/d) you are a senior engineer who will lead our new Mobile Squad. Each squad is a small cross-functional team that focuses on one product or subsection of the product. Therefore you are going to play a crucial role in developing our first mobile app from scratch, working closely with senior management, product and collaborating with all other engineering teams and be responsible for turning their wildest dreams into reality. You will be as well responsible for hiring and training new and existing squad members and report directly to the Engineering Director.
- You will work closely with Product and Design to develop Uberall’s first mobile app for the iOS and Android platforms, furthermore being engaged in feature discussions, product planning, collaboration across teams and departments to maintain parity between our web and mobile apps and to integrate our Design System into the new platform
- You will have the opportunity to guide a greenfield project from conception to reality, and decisions you make will shape the future of the mobile product into the future
- You will define the vision for your team members, support them in achieving their goals, and lead the team to hit product milestones on time and stable
- You will contribute as an engineer and member of the squad: write code, work on features and bugs, review others’ code, etc.
- You will have a high-level overview of the squad’s work and progress, identifying areas of improvement, mentoring squad members, and ensuring the squad works as a team toward a collective goal
- You will continuously monitor engagement, happiness, and productivity of team members by providing constructive feedback regularly to support them to grow in their careers
- You will collaborate with other Squad Leads to continually define and enact best practices as a manager
- You are a role model embodying the cultural behaviours Uberall expects, seeing growth as mutually beneficial, being passionate about what you and your team are doing and not being afraid of change, seeing it as an opportunity rather than a threat
- You will be closely involved with the hiring process to ensure we find the right people for Uberall
- You show strong communication and self-management skills; furthermore, you are a relationship builder, in and outside of the team
- You have already gained experience in leading people in a fast-paced tech environment
- You take ownership of your work and for you, a feature is done when it makes using the product a better experience for all users
- You are a creative mind! We're open here, and if you've got a great idea, we want to know about it
- You have an excellent command of the English language
What we offer:
- A market-leading and cutting-edge location marketing software (SaaS) scale up with an exciting & international customer base
- A very exciting position in close collaboration with a highly professional team in Uberall’s headquarter
- International team and regular company & team events
- A lively and open company culture with flat hierarchies and short chains of command
- Flexible working hours, an attractive budget for professional development and regular feedback sessions to assist you with your career plans
- Coming from abroad? - We are offering an extensive relocation package including visa, temporary and permanent accommodation, etc.
- Regular language classes, meditation sessions and our own gym
- You are a dog person? - There will be room in the office as well
- A high degree of responsibility with creative freedom and personal advancement avenues.
- One of Germany’s fastest-growing companies (awarded by KPMG, Axel Springer & Gründerszene) with a global orientation and market leadership in EMEA
Does this sound like an interesting challenge to you? If so, we are looking forward to your application!