Full Stack Software Engineer
Omnivore is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our multifunctional team. You’ll work in a variety of languages and technologies, and on multiple parts of our platform including front-end and back-end components. If you enjoy working on REST APIs, web apps, asynchronous message processing systems, and desktop applications, we would love to hear from you.
Together, we’re pioneering a new era of restaurant experience and guest engagement!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing, building, and maintaining production grade APIs and systems that power the Omnivore platform
- Digging into old systems to creatively problem solve without the guidance of documentation
- Setting personal direction while working effectively with engineers across all teams to create a cohesive product
- Building a great customer experience for restaurants and technology
"MUST HAVES" TO EXCEL AT THIS ROLE
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Comfortability working with multiple programming languages
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Design
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical parties
- Team player mindset with capacity to work independently and take initiative
- Eagerness to keep up with evolving technologies
"EXTRAS" THAT STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Exposure to Golang
- Experience with web and/or desktop applications
- Practice implementing REST APIs
- Ease working with one or more RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Comfortability with git
- Familiarity integrating with POS systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or self-taught individual with strong work experience
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Vision & Dental insurance
- 100% Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Stock options
- Bonus plan
- Company paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
Omnivore is a fast-paced, growing, and distributed startup focused on providing the best restaurant development platform in the world! We provide a connectivity platform that allows app developers to interact with restaurant POS systems through a simple and consistent REST API. Whether it’s for table reservations, menus, online orders, or payments, our API is the backbone of a growing community of apps, restaurants, and point-of-sale vendors that are revolutionizing the dining experience!
We hire for culture, passion, and the ability to learn quickly above specific experience or previous knowledge. If you're interested in making your next career move with a company on the cutting edge of restaurant technology, check out our current openings. If you're an energetic self starter, we are looking for you!
Omnivore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. www.omnivore.io (800) 293-4058 Omnivore Technologies, Inc.