Software Engineer: Front End
Come and build great software at a startup delivering exceptional FMCG / CPG research & data products.
We have a lot of front-end (Typescript / React / GraphQL) engineering across new software products.
Grow with us and ship amazing products doing it. There’s a clear path and opportunities to grow from wherever you are now (likely junior-mid) to senior-lead engineer and a whole range of software challenges, not limited to
- 3D rendering of research environments (perhaps using three.js)
- Sophisticated drag and drop interfaces & data visualization
- Aggregated product search (probably ElasticSearch)
- ML & heuristics for inferring product data & attributes
- Loads of data engineering to integrate our products with client data sources
Work with Great Tools
- Typescript (npm / Lerna toolchain)
- Styled Components
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- AWS Lambda (serverless)
- CI/CD (GitHub actions)
Work with Great People
We’re a small, high-performance team who care about what we’re working on and each other. Your commercial colleagues will be ready and excited to put the products we ship in front of huge clients such as RB, Mars and Tesco as well as relax and have some fun together to celebrate our achievements.
Things You’ll Get
- Autonomy and power over products that sit at the core of this startup.
- A flexible working environment - as long as the results are getting delivered, just figure out a schedule that works for you.
- A good salary, pencilled in at GBP 30-50k based on ability, can be traded off against equity depending on what you want.
- Share options with fair terms.
- A similar bonus structure as the sales team if you make an introduction to a big FMCG customer that turns into a sale.
- An end of year performance-based bonus.
- As little bureaucracy as we can get away with (but no less).
- Standard benefits like pension etc.
- The best equipment we can buy you (an M-series MBP).
- The clearest and most transparent communication we can manage at all times.
- An experience: working at a startup should be exciting and this should be no exception.
- Some opportunities to travel to meet clients nationally/internationally.
- Something missing? Please let us know.
Things We’ll Need From You
- A desire and ability to build great software products.
- An ability to perform in a semi/unstructured working environment.
- To talk directly to the people using the software we build and empathise with their issues to prioritise our work.
- An appreciation for UX/UI and an ability to work in less structured environments (designs for minor features won’t always be readily available).
- To be able to provide and receive clear and honest communication.
- A broad sense of responsibility - it’s a startup: nothing is someone else’s job.
- Get in contact with your details
- 20-30 minute telephone interview
- 60-minute technical interview over screenshare/coderpad.io
- One final conversation to answer any outstanding questions
- Job offer
Other Relevant Information
- 100% remote until Covid is over (hopefully soon!), then a balance of WFH/Office, based on whatever you prefer.
- There are no minimum years of experience nor few strict requirements other than you just being really good at shipping software, plus you’re not expected to know everything from day one.
- We’d like you to start ASAP.
- Our revenue grew over 40% in 2020, which was a pretty crazy year.
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of all backgrounds.
- If you’re an agency, please don’t interpret this as an invitation to try and sell us your services. We’re not going to outsource our company’s core technology.
- We need someone who has (or can get) the right to work in the UK