Senior Software Engineer, Web
A Web engineer who will help millions of students learn with Duolingo for Schools.
Duolingo software engineers develop next-generation education technology that changes how over 300 million people around the world learn. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale system design, web, iOS and Android development.
As a web software engineer, you will join our Duolingo for Schools team and help us build a platform that enables teachers and students to effectively use Duolingo in their classrooms. Teachers are already turning to Duolingo to assist them with their language curriculum, and we want to expand the experience by giving them tools to communicate with students, create and track assignments as well as making sure Duolingo integrates well with their existing technology ecosystem.
You will develop applications primarily in TypeScript and React. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the entire stack as we continue to innovate.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
- Develop, release, and maintain web applications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid understanding of web frontend concepts (DOM, rendering, AJAX, responsive design) and JS performance profiling
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Experience writing production-quality code
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code