Software Engineer - Full Stack
Job Title: Software Engineer - Full Stack
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £60,000+ per annum + excellent benefits and superb working environment (salary negotiable and commensurate with experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Working Hours: 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday
The Company is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer, with strong React Native experience, to join their innovative and dynamic team.
They are an innovative Technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with customer service and payment solutions. Though well-established, they don't stand still. They are growing rapidly and strive to continually improve by using the latest technology and developing new solutions to both meet their customers' needs and keep them ahead of the market, which is exemplified by their recent move into Cloud Native architecture, applications and way of working.
They're currently looking for a seasoned Software Engineer who enjoys developing applications from inception to fruition, using your knowledge of best practice and application security principles.
You will be working on a range of complex projects across portfolio of clients so will need to have a wide range of experience and knowledge.
- Produce technical design and documentation to ISO standards whilst working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the technical requirements of projects and products are captured
- Build high quality commercial applications from inception through to fruition
- Share your knowledge and passion for Technologies
- Focused on driving quality in all aspects of development
- Write secure server and client-side code (OWASP), develop prototypes quickly and create robust, high-volume production solutions
- Assist in the support of complex legacy platform
- Develop and automate internal reporting and monitoring mechanisms
- Respond to QA and technical issues in a timely and professional manner
Technical Skills and Desirables:
- Expertise on one or more Frameworks (Zend, Angular, Symphony, Laravel, Backbone) and/or libraries such as JQuery, React / React Native
- Expert familiarity with Linux server systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS)
- Backend web development experience including complex memcache arrays, memcache pools, process scheduling, etc.
- Database design and mySQL / SQL
- Experience with version control (SVN/Git) and CI/CD workflow including Jira
- Knowledge of website security common vulnerabilities & mitigation techniques)
- Performance tuning & measurement
Knowledge and Experience in one or more of the following is highly advantageous:
- Cloud Native development philosophies including Pipeline, way of working, Cloud tooling, Public cloud (AWS / Google), private cloud (K8S), DevOps / DevSecOps / SRE
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Previous employment at PCI and/or ISO27001 compliant organisation
- Web application security
- Interactive Voice Response (VXML/ccXML/grXML) and/or Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Please note the company is unable to provide sponsorship or relocation assistance so all candidates will need to already have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Software Developer, Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Developer, Senior Developer, Programmer, AWS, Lead Developer, Technical Developer, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Developer, Software Development, IT Solutions Software Developer, Full Stack Developer, Web Developer will also be considered for this role.
Contact Name: Eckoh PLC
Job ID: 2913194