Ventrica is a dynamic, fast-growth customer management business that provides outsourced customer service for an array of blue-chip brands. We are an innovative business with a growing reputation here in the UK for technical innovation and digital transformation. In 2020 Ventrica picked up two awards at the prestigious European Contact Centre & Customer Service Awards. Gold for Best Outsourcing Partnership (Large) and silver for European Outsourced Contact Centre of the Year. In 2017 we won gold for Best Contact Centre Outsourcer in Europe at the same awards, and in 2018 we came 63rd in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
What will I do in the role?
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical requirements. Create technical designs with the view to implementing these solutions in an n-tier environment, considering performance, scalability and impact on existing systems and the running of the business.
- Develop solutions adhering to technical designs, business requirements and development standards.
- Test and document applications.
- Provide accurate development estimates, deliver complete components / solutions on schedule.
What do I need?
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Well versed in the following web and software development tools and methodologies:
- Web API
- Able to work independently to design and build a functional software product
- Able to test and critically review code of your peers
- Able to write maintainable, well documented, code
- Able to work with other developers to contribute to the development of a single product
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Azure services
- Understanding of web and software hosting technology and configuration
- Previous development experience with Zendesk, Twilio, and Botpress
What will I be paid?
Circa. £40,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience.
Additionally we offer excellent benefits such as
- Discounts with over 40 local businesses
- Health care plan and pension
- Free fruit on a Wednesday, Free ice cream in August
- Massages once a week
- Dress down Friday
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm. However, flexibility will be required in line with the needs of the business. We would consider applications on a part time basis (minimum 20 hours per week, within the core working hours).
- Permanent Contract
- Initially you will be required to work from home, however, long term this will be an office-based role. Applicants must live within a commutable distance to our offices in Southend-On-Sea.