Senior Frontend Engineer
We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Senior Frontend Engineer based in London to join our Product team in building a platform to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop our Causal AI platform for time series. As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will be involved with the product at all stages of development, from initial conception of a new idea all the way to seeing it deployed to our customers. You should have strong technical and communication skills and enjoy mentoring junior members of staff. You should want to take ownership of what you are building and be willing to push your own ideas forwards for development.
You will be expected to refine and implement our development standards & best practices. Experience with collaboration tools and general programming tools is desirable. On the frontend, we use React (with hooks), Typescript and styled components to build the majority of the application. We’re always open to trying new things if there is a good reason though. The rest of the application stack includes Python, Numpy, Torch, Django, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP and other technologies.
- This role is open for candidates with at least 4+ years experience
- Experience with React or similar frameworks (VueJS, AngularJS)
- Experience in developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems.
- Experience in leading the technical architecture of a frontend project
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Smart, capable and can write clean code effectively
- Understanding of the full stack is preferable (REST backends and SPA frontends)
- Strong Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Ideally you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.
- Interest in UI/UX, creating a consistent design and responsive user experiences across multiple devices.
- Interest in scientific data visualization is a plus and any experience with visualisation libs, such as d3, would be very valuable.
- Interest in machine learning/big data (prior experience is a plus)