Full Stack Developer @ The Netflix of Bikes..
Buzzbike is revolutionising the way that we travel within cities, with a mission to disrupt the way you move by changing the way you own, empowering active, urban mobility to build a better tomorrow. We provide our riders with everything they need to get started: a premium bike, high quality lock, on-demand maintenance, a bike replacement service in case of theft, and our app which incentivises and rewards you the more you ride. All this for a monthly subscription you can cancel any time.
Described by the Guardian as the “the Netflix for Bikes”, Buzzbike is backed by the Adidas family and the Chairman of Brompton Cycles. Check out www.buzzbike.cc to find out more about us and our mission.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to join our UK team. As we continue to grow and move into 2021, we want to further improve how technology forms a part of our offering: from the mobile applications used by our riders, through to the internal tooling that sits behind our Rider Happiness Team’s superpowers.
This role is a good fit for a product-led engineer who is looking to take on additional responsibility for shaping the product and technology at a growing business. This is a great opportunity to be able to lead and own technical decisions -- and to make a major and direct contribution to the overall success of our products and services.
- Work full-stack across our apps, website and internal platform. We primarily use React and React Native, Typescript, and Python.
- Be hands-on, and develop new product features for our greenfield app work, as well as continuing to improve and refine our existing technology.
- Make architectural decisions and help embed best practice across the team.
- Be an integral part of the product team, working closely with the other developers, head of engineering, UX/design, the founders and the wider business.
- Contribute and help to shape the overall engineering and product culture and ways of working at Buzzbike.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with the wider Buzzbike family to help shape the direction of the company
We’re looking for someone product-led, with a strong focus on the user, combined with the engineering skills to help shape our next phase of growth. Experience working in a growth stage business, with the unique opportunities and challenges this entails, will be of benefit. You’ll be in a well-supported team, but you’ll be a self-starter and able to make pragmatic decisions about what, and how, we build at Buzzbike.
- Experienced in our tech stack
- Comfortable working full-stack
- Been a part of a tech team in a start-up/scale-up environment
- A growth mindset and able to throw yourself at unexpected challenges
- Product and user oriented, and able to make decisions based on their wider impact.
- Your very own Buzzbike
- 28 days holiday a year
- Direct mentoring from the founders (ex-Apple and KPMG)
- Access to a new suite of benefits launching soon