Senior Software Engineer
Who we are: Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do: Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Some of our existing tech includes:
- React based admin portal featuring in-house analytics, from-scratch content builder, team/permissions management, integrations management, and tenant/retailer management
- React-native(iOS/Android) and React based web app to receive important notices, content, Lane-exclusive perks, building information, community events, and much more!
- White-labelled of applications and sites per partner we work with
- Node.js/GraphQL based API as the engine of our product
Who you are: -You have a proven track record of full-stack development in an enterprise SaaS business
- Are comfortable in all parts of the stack.
- Know how to prioritize, problem solve and delegate to yourself and your team
- Positively realistic with a meticulous attention to detail
- The kid who always asked “Why?” too much
- Love to assess and stay up to date on all the latest tech tools and trends
- Experience working across teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with TDD, unit tests, and E2E testing
We're counting on you to:
- Maintain and grow the product as requirements demand
- Contribute directly to strategy, planning, and decisions related to the product team and across company
- Ask questions, provide opinions and provide continuous improvement on processes
- Participate in sprint planning, pointing, and story refinement
- Operate agile; adapt to new priorities as they appear
- Be prepared to wear many hats and fill in gaps
- Be a source of mentorship for up-and-coming developers while allowing yourself to be a mentee with our constant knowledge sharing environment
- Own: Improvement of the product process, your development and driving best development practices
- Teach: The ins-and-outs of your strongest domain
- Learn: To build powerful, first-of-its-kind technology where the answers aren't easily found on stack overflow
- Improve: The product teamwork, communication and technical ability
What you'll enjoy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size last year, and are working to do it again this year!
- You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work from home stipend of $400 while we tackle remote work!
- When we can return, we work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes, and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Access to the latest technology and a brand new Macbook on the first day!