Founding Full Stack Developer
Backed by some of the world's leading technology entrepreneurs and operators (incl. the co-founders of lastminute.com, MADE.com, Founders Factory, Degreed, Bookclub.com & Builder.ai), we're on a mission to build the world's most relevant, efficient & accessible destination for modern business education.
We're looking for a talented full stack developer to join us on that mission and launch the development of our mobile app and back-end systems. As one of our first technical hires, you'd be a foundational pillar of our founding team.
Do you want to join us?
🌎 Our Vision
If the future of work has radically changed, why hasn't our approach to education?
Humans typically grow linearly. Yet change is happening exponentially. Even the most motivated individuals face 3 major obstacles in their pursuit of accelerated professional growth:
— Lack of time
— Lack of guidance
— Choice overload
Inspired by what Headspace has done for mindfulness, Fitbit has done for fitness, Duolingo has done for language learning, we're on a mission to build the ultimate lifelong learning companion for the modern business leader: an on-demand business school that's future-focused, operator-led and community-driven. Our ambition is to empower the 1.25BN knowledge workers across the world to thrive in a world of accelerating change.
👋🏼 Our Founders
Before Framework, we launched Founders Academy, a zero-tuition 9-month "alternative-MBA" designed to empower ambitious professionals to reinvent their careers in London's most dynamic scaleups. Born out of Founders Forum, a global community of the world's leading technology entrepreneurs, we worked closely with over 70+ operators (at companies incl. Google, Monzo, Deliveroo) and 20+ partner companies (incl. Ada Health, Depop, Bulb) to develop a world-leading curriculum that spans the fundamental business, technology and human literacies required to thrive in the future of work.
We're now productising our curriculum and insights into a subscription-based learning experience, designed exclusively for the modern business leader.
📱 As Senior Mobile Developer, you will...
Work closely with Tomos our Founding CTO, and our co-founders to develop and launch the first version of our mobile app, with the goal of it being loved and used daily by 5K+ Founding Members, in
This will involve:
- Working with the Product team to produce domain-driven models that the whole business can recognise.
- Develop clean microservices, APIs and data storage, supporting our users in achieving their goals.
- Composing serverless components that result in a responsive system with growth potential to match our ambition.
- Baking quality into the delivery pipeline via CI/CD and automated QA.
- Adopting a "build it, run it" DevOps culture, with quality operational feedback and learning loops.
- Partnering with the rest of the founding team to contribute to prototyping, experimenting and building delightful and beautiful mobile app features.
🌟 To be successful, you will...
- Demonstrate passion for delivering flexible and well-oiled systems, utilising CI / CD to produce clean code safely, but quickly.
- Show a fearless understanding of API conventions (e.g. GraphQL), serverless microservices (e.g. AWS Lambda + Node), data storage (both relational and non-relational) and highly-observable cloud-hosted systems.
- Thoughtfully embrace rapid prototyping, product experimentation and operational metrics, as a foundation for sustainable code and scalable fault-tolerant systems.
- Courteously work with other engineers, wider company and customers, listening and communicating effectively throughout.
🚀 Join us because...
- This is a career-defining adventure
You'll be part of the founding team of a funded startup with the ambition and platform to build a product used by millions of learners around the world. We're offering competitive salary plus meaningful equity.
- You will be able to shape our tech culture from scratch
You won't be inheriting any legacy code, this is a greenfield project where you can truly make your mark. As co-founders, we'll partner with you in building a product we're all extremely proud of.
- You will be optimising for learning and growth
By virtue of what we’re building, lifelong learning will be part of your job description.
As a member of our team, you'll also be joining the Founders Family, a vibrant community of startup professionals across 11 companies helping shape the future of global entrepreneurship.
We're taking applications on a rolling basis. So, if this sounds like the career-defining adventure you've been waiting for, apply here today. Please note, we're unfortunately not able to sponsor visas directly, so you'll need to have authorisation to work in the UK. We look forward to hearing from you!