At planet we’re on a mission to create a place where live music fans can belong.
We’re building communities that bring artists and fans together for some of the most memorable nights of their lives.
These new communities built by artists for fans, capture real demand, matching this with supply and allowing for a direct engagement that will make going to live events even better.
By removing friction and engaging fans directly, we provide artists the ability to act on the data and offer their fans new value.
To begin with we’re here to help more real fans attend more live gigs – and at a fair price and have built a new direct to fan ticketing platform from the ground up to do this! We’ve tested this at an event in London and we’re now ready to ramp up our capacity during 2021, delivering innovative features to help artists better understand what fans want when live events return.
We love collaboration and we’re working closely with industry experts to shape the design and user cases of the product, primarily with a Grammy award winning musician and a leading management team. We’ve got a clear product roadmap for 2021 and funding secured to help us navigate this turbulent time in the live music space.
As a junior to mid-weight developer you will be taking ownership of the fan facing experience under the mentorship of senior engineers. You will need to have some previous experience using React and related technologies (we’re using React, Next.js and React Native Web) and want to take this to the next level by building and maintaining front ends for some of the world’s leading artists. This will mean developing responsive web interfaces that interact with our GraphQL API whilst using and improving our existing component library.
You’ll be a person who champions accessibility, front end performance and visual consistency by participating in code reviews, influencing the product backlog and collaborating with our UX/UI designer. We often run user testing sessions that you will participate in and push forward our fan focused approach to building products.
There is potential to get hands on experience using React Native as we expand our product this year, as well as having the opportunity to contribute to the backend applications.
This role is remote (UK only) and you will be joining a team that values output over hours worked. This means that you will have the flexibility to work in a way that’s best for you and offers a good work life balance.
TypeScript, React,Next.js, Material UI, React Native, Node.js, Apollo, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, Docker, Objection
Working for Planet you should expect
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Ability to choose your hours and not be fixed by location
- A collaborative team always on hand to provide guidance and assistance
- Opportunity to build out a product and put your signature on it
- Chance to grow with the business and work with leading artists, events and their teams to reimagine how they engage with fans
- Build highly in demand services where performance and availability are critical
- Help to shape company and engineering culture
What you’ll need
- Experience using React or similar
- Comfortable interacting with REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Understand the benefits of testing
- An appreciation for accessibility
- Comfortable collaborating with designers
- Experience writing CSS
- Happy using JS based styling solutions
- English fluency and excellent communication skills
Even better if you have
- Used TypeScript at any level
- Done some unit testing
- Experience with GraphQL
- Worked on a design system
- Used React Native
What to expect
First up is a chat with the co-founders to learn more about you and tell you more about our product and business. After that there will be a technical stage with a chance to meet the rest of the team.