Software Enginner (React, GraphQL, Node.js)
Zeigo is an award-winning tech platform that helps companies buy renewable energy directly from wind and solar farms. We use data & smart technology, cutting through the complexities of clean power procurement to help companies find the best zero-carbon solution.
We are a young company with a fresh vision: to accelerate and shape the renewable energy industry with technology. Zeigo is fast becoming the platform to source renewable energy across the globe!
We are looking for a mid-weight Software Engineer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Software Engineer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to chat to you.
- Work within our Tech and Engineering team in all aspects of software design, requirements gathering and implementation, to develop software using TypeScript and related technologies.
- Perform automated and manual testing of your own work.
- Take responsibility for the quality and speed of your own work.
- Assist other members of the Tech and Engineering team where required.
- Write technical documentation and reports.
- Respond to requests from the Development, Design and Product teams.
- Experience working in a distributed workforce in an agile development team.
- At least 2 years of commercial experience (or equivalent) in web application development, spanning multiple projects.
- At least 2 years of working experience with TypeScript.
- At least 2 years of experience of working with relational databases (ideally MySQL/PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of programming, networking, and information security principles.
- Enthusiasm for understanding technical ideas and explaining them clearly to other members of the team.
- Desire to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to improvise, troubleshoot, problem solve, and quickly learn new skills.
- A strong standard of spoken and written English.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Degree in related subject field, e.g. Computer Science, Maths, Statistics etc.
- Portfolio of projects you have worked on, e.g. GitHub profile, personal website/blog, freelance projects.
- Active participation in hackathons and/or coding challenges.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Interest in renewable energy sector.
This role is on a Full Time Permanent Basis. You will need to be based in the UK for this role, with a requirement to work from our London office once a week.