We are partnered with one of the UK's fastest growing education technology startups, and they are hiring for Full-Stack Java Script Developers.
They are an online learning platform that is making education fairer. Their mission is to provide all children whatever their background and wherever they are in the world with an affordable, high-quality education. To achieve their goal, they are combining exceptional teacher-made content with machine learning to keep students on their optimal learning paths. They are growing rapidly with hundreds of schools in the UK and abroad using the platform and thousands of independent subscribers.
The role: You will join the tech team at our offices in Soho, London. You will join a team that is growing rapidly over the next 12 months. You will shape and influence our technologies and have significant input into technological and commercial decision making. You will report directly to the CTO and you will work closely with the product team, providing a technical perspective to the development of new and existing features. The tech team moves fast, using Agile methodology to continuously add new features and deploy them down the CD pipeline.
* NodeJS (Express)
* React, JSX, CSS
* RESTful API design and interaction
* Working with relational data structures
* Git (Bitbucket), JIRA
* Elasticsearch * Building and maintaining Jenkins pipelines
* Infrastructure architecture & networking
* DBA experience
* Interest in python for data science and machine learning
* TensorFlow or PyTorch
What they offer:
* Full set of equipment (MacBook etc)
* High degree of autonomy and opportunity to become an integral member of a fast growing start up;
* Huge learning opportunities from experienced developers as well as exposure to all business areas of a start up;
* Opportunity to learn new technologies, including machine learning;
* 28 days holiday + bank holidays.