Front End Software Engineer
We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer who is also a creative problem solver, passionate about new technology and loves making stuff work. You will deliver web application interfaces using future-facing technologies and frameworks. Working alongside our team of developers, you’ll deliver fantastic experiences for desktop, tablet and mobile platforms.
We transform businesses using our proprietary tool, Accelerator, which gives our customers a scalable ecommerce solution in as little as 90 days. This means Ampersand developers work on more frequent deployments, enjoy an increased variety of project work and take ownership of the complete project lifecycle.
Your role will include:
- Developing and maintaining elegant ecommerce solutions using the Magento Front End
- Developing and maintaining new PWAs with Magento and custom applications to create high performance solutions
- Creating and documenting test plans, implementing/managing unit tests and scripts
- Delivering projects with an agile approach
- Promoting quality standards and processes, using regular code reviews
- Working with project management and the Head of Development to deliver business requirements
What you bring:
- Ability to communicate your design and development decisions
- Ability to produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code
- Knowledge of best practices for complex web applications
- Technical experience with: CSS; HTML5; CLI tools; Git/SVN; Responsive Web Design