Software Engineer - Java
Our Global Technology team is spread across multiple geographic locations so effective communication is essential to ensure collaboration. Likewise, our various stakeholders will need to be kept informed with all aspects of the project, so you must be able to demonstrate deep technical knowledge and the ability to share ideas in a clear and concise manner for a diverse audience of technologists and business users.
* You will participate in developing and modernising existing products to rapidly meet business requirements.
* You will maintain a focus on delivering high quality products that add value to customers.
* You will partner with developers to ensure consistent integration of services across teams.
* You will have accountability for unit-level design, coding, unit testing, integration testing and security, as well as participating in the full SDLC.
* You will be required to engage in peer review to ensure a high degree of code quality.
* You will be expected to contribute to product design and process improvement to maximise team productivity.
* You will need to engage with management to ensure that products are delivered in a timely manner.
* You will be required to maintain and support live products to ensure defects are quickly dealt with and services do not suffer unnecessary outages.
* We are looking for a passionate hands-on developer who has a commitment to solve problems. You will have experience in developing high performance, multi-tier systems that can handle large data sets.
* You demonstrate exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* A strong understanding of object-orientated design, Java, data structures, multi-threading and unit testing is essential.
* You have experience of writing efficient queries against Oracle, Sybase or any other major RDBMS.
* Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
* You are dedicated to improving processes, culture and yourself by keeping up to date with industry developments.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.