SeedLegals is the UK's hottest lawtech startup, backed by exceptional VCs such as Index Ventures, (Figma, Slack, Notion) and SeedCamp (Wise, Revolut).
Our mission is to guide and empower startups and small businesses across the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong and Singapore, by using technology to automate legal work and guide founders through the end-to-end journeys required at each step of their company’s growth. To date, over 50,000 startups and investors have used SeedLegals to close funding rounds, hire employees, grant share options to employees, and so much more.
We currently have 17 developers from 12 countries, and we're seeking experienced frontend developers to join us!
You'll join one of three scrum teams, and have a key role in shaping that team's growth and code base. This is a hybrid working role. Each team typically meets at our offices in Holborn fortnightly - to whiteboard, plan, and socialise.
Each team has ~5 engineers, a UX designer, and a Product Manager, and has autonomy over specific domains such as Social Features, Document Management, Legal Template Generation, or Payments. Teams are managed from within and report directly to the CTO, so you'll be working alongside with your manager to solve technical problems.
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain a deep knowledge on the ins-and-outs of the startup world, VC fundraising, investor tax schemes, and more. You'll gain domain knowledge that would well prepare you for entrepreneurship yourself!
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You love solving challenging problems
- You love building high-performance web applications on mobile and desktop
- Have experience working with, and enjoy working with, TypeScript
- You've dabbled with Angular (if you're more experienced with React/Vue, it's not a problem)
- You understand why TDD is important
- You own and take pride in contributing to all stages of development
And if you can hit one or two of these as well, even better...
- You have some personal projects on the go (maybe you write a blog, help with friends’ websites, contribute to open source projects etc)
- Through your work, you have started looking more into the performance of web applications
- You believe in the Agile manifesto
Joining us, you'll also enjoy a number of perks such as:
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Stock options in SeedLegals
- Private pension
- Flexible hours
- 24 days annual leave + your birthday off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Budget for training materials, and your home office setup
- Free lunch in the office once a week
- Conference and Meetup opportunities
Our Interview Process:
1) ~40min initial conversation (over video call)
2) A ~2hr technical interview (ideally at our offices in London). Here, we'll ask you to work through designing a solution to a real world technical challenge we've faced, as well as some questions about your experience with frontend code in production environments.