Who we are:
We’re a professional management service for homeowners and landlords wanting more freedom from increased passive income. Our mission is to make hosting your property hassle-free, using technology to disrupt the short-term accommodation sector.
Since launching in 2015, we’ve grown fast, weathered the pandemic and acquired our biggest rival. In that time, we’ve partnered with thousands of happy hosts, helping them to earn from their homes and explore more of what they love. The business has now expanded worldwide, operating in over 20 cities globally, from Auckland to Lisbon, and there’s a lot more to come. From holidaymakers to full-time landlords, host happiness is central to everything we do.
We’re building Houst using Python 3, React, React Native, Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL and Redis.
We care about agile principles and use good practices from Scrum and Kanban, but are not married to any single methodology. We pride ourselves in quality and collaboration. Every change we want to make to production code has to pass Continuous Integration and Peer Code Reviews before it can be merged in. This ensures that - for the majority of the time - we can run Continuous Deployment smoothly. It also allows us to deploy features and progress quickly, as well as identify potential bugs before they are deployed.
- Proven work experience as a Fullstack Developer
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Hands on experience with programming languages like Python framework, Flask, Django or FastAPI
- Experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- You have experience and/or interest in developing Restful APIs consumed by front-end and mobile clients
- £40,000 - £65,000 compensation
- Enviable company culture – we’ve put time into getting our work culture just right. Regular team social events, company-wide recognition of outstanding work.
- Lots of snacks and treats all week in the office.
- Hybrid Working (3 days in the London office, 2 remote)
- Employee discounts – at heaps of restaurants, shops, gym memberships, cinema tickets and more
- Dedicated to employee wellbeing - free apps to help support.
- Partial coverage of mental health support.
- Pension - We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
- MacBook – For business use
- 25 days paid holiday (plus public holidays) – plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday.
- Enhanced Parental Leave – Family comes first. We offer great parental leave to spend time with your new child, regardless of your gender.