Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 100 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
- As a Fullstack Software Engineer, you will work on a variety of high impact projects across our App Experience team directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. The App Experience team owns the user journey from the time they are signed in, to the time they add an item to cart. This includes homepage, core navigation, fashion category (other categories to be added), product detail page, search page, shoppable videos, merchandising, sales and incentives as well as other exciting areas throughout the user journey.
With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
- For this role, you should be hands-on, driven, want to make an impact and grow your career and have a solid foundation in computer science. You should have strong competencies in web development, software design, problem solving, testing and debugging. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Please note that we are looking for (1) Progressive and (1) Senior Fullstack Software Engineer **What You'll Be Doing
- Build frontend components and business logic in React
- Integrate with and Optimize backend APIs
- Work on critical parts of the website/msite, owned by the App Experience team, including homepage and core navigation, fashion category (other categories to be added), product detail page, search page, shoppable videos, merchandising, sales and incentives as well as other exciting areas throughout the user journey.
- Build high-quality, responsive layouts and components with fun interactions, smooth transitions and tasteful animations.
- Work closely with product managers, designers and data teams to design and drive the direction of a feature. Give valuable feedback, review experiment findings, and share new ideas.
- Collaborate with external partnerships to deliver technical solutions
- Participate in code reviews, refactor the code to use best practices if necessary, and help reduce any potential tech debt.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of overall experience in a full-stack or frontend role. Experience with Python and MongoDB are a big plus
- Proficiency with CSS
- Design, develop, test, and continuously improve fullstack systems and architecture
- Proficient in web development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design, etc
- Familiarity with A/B testing
- Able to take ownership of parts of the website
- Can work effectively with multiple people from different domains
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Has creative ideas and proves them with data-driven methods
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under great deal of independence
- Learns quickly and is willing to take calculated risks
- Proficient with new feature development, bug fixing, performance testing and cross-team collaboration
Here at Wish, you are joining a team and company at a time of growth and transformation. You will love being surrounded by people who are as passionate as you are about e-commerce, technology, and a data-driven culture. Even if you don't meet 100% of the above, we encourage you to still apply!Additional Information
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.