We’re excited to start creating Charibot, a SaaS chatbot creation tool that lets charities create AI-powered chatbots without any code!
We are looking for a junior front-end developer to start in January to build our core product. This is a hybrid work role - we would like our staff to work in our offices in Harlow, Essex at least one day per week, with other days being remote work.
As part of the first tech team, you’ll help design and build Charibot, work with cutting-edge NLP technologies, and build a valuable service for charities across the UK.
We’re looking for a junior developer and don’t expect you to know everything. What we’re looking for is individuals who are genuinely interested to learn and work on hard problems. You won’t be on your own, but supported by our CTO, with over 10 years industry experience, including working as CTOs in different sectors. Initially, we are looking to expand our small team of 2 with 2 new developers.
The ideal candidate is empathetic and cares about the charity clients we serve and our mission to help them.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in core front-end development skills (personal, academic or professional).
Candidates must have:
- Some experience with at least one major front-end framework or library (e.g. Angular or React)
- Experience with, or a desire to learn about, developing accessible web applications
Ideally, candidates will have some of the following:
- Knowledge of a CSS preprocessor such as SASS
- Experience working with other development roles, e.g. designers and back-end developers
- Knowledge of using REST APIs in front-end development
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems