SeedLegals is the UK's hottest lawtech startup, backed by exceptional VCs such as Index Ventures, (Figma, Slack, Notion) and SeedCamp (Wise, Revolut).
Our mission is to guide and empower startups and small businesses across the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong and Singapore, by using technology to automate legal work and guide founders through the end-to-end journeys required at each step of their company’s growth. To date, over 50,000 startups and investors have used SeedLegals to close funding rounds, hire employees, grant share options to employees, and so much more.
We currently have 17 developers from 12 countries, and we're seeking experienced frontend developers to join us!
You'll join one of three scrum teams, and have a key role in shaping that team's growth and code base. This is a hybrid working role. Each team typically meets at our offices in Holborn fortnightly - to whiteboard, plan, and socialise.
Each team has ~5 engineers, a UX designer, and a Product Manager, and has autonomy over specific domains such as Social Features, Document Management, Legal Template Generation, or Payments. Teams are managed from within and report directly to the CTO, so you'll be working alongside with your manager to solve technical problems.
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain a deep knowledge on the ins-and-outs of the startup world, VC fundraising, investor tax schemes, and more. You'll gain domain knowledge that would well prepare you for entrepreneurship yourself!
Your team will look to you to:
- Write high-quality, tested code, using TypeScript, Angular, Apollo, and Jest
- Work with other Senior developers to set and enforce code standards
- Contribute to our frontend guild, cross-pollinating knowledge and tackling technical debt
- Review PRs, pair program, and mentor - seeking to have a multiplier effect across Junior and Mid level developers
- Work cross-functionally with designers, product managers, and stakeholders to set expectations and find creative solutions to our users most frustrating problems
Joining us, you'll also enjoy a number of perks such as:
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Stock options in SeedLegals
- Private pension
- Flexible hours
- 24 days annual leave + your birthday off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Budget for training materials, and your home office setup
- Free lunch in the office once a week
- Conference and Meetup opportunities
You should apply if you:
- Are excited by the prospect of playing an instrumental role in helping startups grow and flourish
- Are looking to have an out sized impact on our team's technical direction and growth
- Are confident in your abilities as a frontend developer, iterating quickly and working to high standards. (Angular experience is nice but not necessary - we believe good engineers can pick up new frameworks quickly, and we're happy to support you learning)
Our Interview Process:
1) ~40min initial conversation (over video call)
2) A ~2hr technical interview (ideally at our offices in London). Here, we'll ask you to work through designing a solution to a real world technical challenge we've faced, as well as some questions about your experience with frontend code in production environments.